Skip to main content

Utah Lake to the Top Of Timp



It was fun.
It was epic.
It was a blast.
It felt so good.
It hurt in a good way.
It was absolutely stunningly gorgeous.

We managed to take lot of pictures.
Mainly Jen.
Thank you!

6:00 am
American Fork Boat Harbor
Mountain Silhouette
Excited for the journey
to the top


6:20 am
About to jump into
the nice warm calm lake


7:00 am
Ready to rock


Heading up into the canyon


Climbing the Alpine Loop
with Jameson


Timpooneke Campground
Awesome group of girls
Jen, Keena, Melissa


8:45 am
A little reunion
before the real fun
is about to start


8:50
Hitting the trail


Enjoying the majestic beauty


Going up, up, up


Getting closer


10:55 am
We made it!


Enjoying the view
for a few minutes



Having a little snack
at the top


Moose in a meadow
on the way down


Keena coming down
This girl is my hero
I want to be like her some day


12:50 pm
Back to the bikes
There were quite a few of us crazies


2:30 pm
We're back to the cars
Sweaty
Tired
Happy


Our adventure
was everything and more
that I had hoped for.
What a great day in the mountains!

Overall workout time:
6 hours 30 minutes
Run to the top:
2 hours 5 minutes

Felt really good
except for the very end
of the downhill run.
Downhill is not my thing.
Loved the uphill.
Gained some mental toughness.

I am so glad
Jen was able to come.
I loved having her there.
Not because she was
carrying my camera.
Because she is always
an inspiration.

Thank you, Jen!

PS: Karl had an amazing performance at the Speedgoat 50k. He took 4th in a time of 6:27. That might not seem fast but you have no idea how insane the profile was! Congratulations, Papa! I am so happy it went so well. He promised to write something about it. We'll see... Life is a little crazy right now.


Comments

JessWilson said…
Way to go Sarah and Jen! You're both AmAzing! And I'm so glad you were able to take pictures of your adventure. :)

Popular posts from this blog

New PR at a High Cost

St. George Halfmarathon Report I have a feeling that this is going to be long . Even though I am going to tell you about the rest of the weekend in my next post. So. Sit back and enjoy, if you are interested. A few days before the race, I told Karl that I have two options : 1. Run the way I usually race. Conservative . Start out at a decent pace, log negative splits, finish feeling strong and in control. 2. Start out faster than usual, hang onto that pace for as long as possible, die a slow and painful death. Karl just laughed . He knew how unlikely it was that I would choose the second option. But, to be honest, the idea kinda grew on me. It was a running event, after all. No pressure. Simply a way of testing where my fitness is at. On my way to St. George, I called Coach M . She told me I was going to choose the second option. Oh, how I love to have coaches! No need to try to figure things out in my own little head. I just ask and do as I am told. There was ju

I am so lucky

I feel the need to write. My thoughts are all jumbled. Can I make sense of them on paper? Writin g gives me perspective and makes it easier to let go. Last weekend I was very frustrated, mad, self-centered, unhappy , wallowing in self-pity. This weekend I was more balanced, a little more patient, trying to be less selfish, happy . How did it happen? I have had to deal with myself for almost 30 years now and, luckily, have figured out a few things on the way. Like how to feel at peace with myself , my family , my life . It shouldn't be complicated to be happy in my circumstances. I realize that. But sometimes it still is. Sometimes being a mom and wife doesn't come easy to me. Sometimes I think everyone would be better off if I wasn't a mom and wife. Sometimes I wish it was easier to just take off and do nothing but swimbikeruneatsleep for a week or two. It's not helping that my German teammates are doing just that. Right now. On a beautiful island. In the warm

Racing Season '09 Second Part

Disclaimer: This post has been driving me crazy. It is too late, too long, too braggy, and boring. But it is what it is and I had to do it in order to move on. So bear with me... Before reporting about my first race of this season, I need to wrap up last season. I started this post in December and it has been waiting to be published ever since. Well, all I really did then was upload the pictures. I figure that whatever memories of each race have stuck with me this long, might be the only ones worth mentioning anyway. Really what I should have done is analyze each race in detail, look at the training, nutrition, times, etc. But how much fun would that be? I will save that for when I am a Pro. Haha. If you want to know what happened before June, go here . Provo Triathlon in June Lowlights : Swimming in Utah Lake Not being able to find the Finish Line Highlights : Beating all the guys to their bikes Biking the first loop ahead of all the men Beating all the women to the finish line Ec