Skip to main content

Tag Team


My hot husband is 2nd from left

Karl and I play tag team a lot. Every day. I am going to tell you about our Tuesdays since I borrowed some cool pictures of Karl on the track from our local newspaper.

5:30am I am out the door to swim with Masters at NAU.

As soon as I get home, Karl is off to campus.

3:30pm Karl comes home early, so I can ride my bike outside. In the horrendous afternoon winds...

I head straight to the track where Karl is running with Run Flagstaff. One of these days our kids will happily play on the track while Karl and I both run laps with approximately 50 other running enthusiasts. But right now it is windy and cold and the boys are quite needy... So we put my bike on the car and head home. After the track session Karl gets to enjoy his freedom a little longer and run back on trails. He deserves it. He's been great about giving me time to get in my training. He knows that I am no fun to be around if I don't.

He is wearing his new favorite shoes - The Instinct

8pm Everyone is home and the kids are in bed. Karl is on the computer studying and I am cleaning up. I am in bed by 9:30, Karl is lucky if he gets more than 5 hours of sleep these days.

And that is how we roll. For now. Some day Karl and I will have a decent conversation again and maybe even go on a date or two. The end of semester 2 of 8 (or 9 or 10) is only a little more than 2 weeks away! Hang in there, Karl!

PS: I do have to admit that our kids are not always fond of this system. Yesterday when we all met up downtown so that Karl could take them to a park and I could ride some intervals, they both threw a major fit. They were acting as if I was handing them off to a complete stranger... I was so mad and frustrated that I almost blew my workout. Can't I just have some room to breathe? Just a little? Luckily, during the 2nd interval, I passed some guy who decided to hang with me and I got back on track. Phew. Thanks, stranger!






Comments

Jeremy said…
Those shoes he is wearing are awesome!!

Popular posts from this blog

New PR at a High Cost

St. George Halfmarathon Report I have a feeling that this is going to be long . Even though I am going to tell you about the rest of the weekend in my next post. So. Sit back and enjoy, if you are interested. A few days before the race, I told Karl that I have two options : 1. Run the way I usually race. Conservative . Start out at a decent pace, log negative splits, finish feeling strong and in control. 2. Start out faster than usual, hang onto that pace for as long as possible, die a slow and painful death. Karl just laughed . He knew how unlikely it was that I would choose the second option. But, to be honest, the idea kinda grew on me. It was a running event, after all. No pressure. Simply a way of testing where my fitness is at. On my way to St. George, I called Coach M . She told me I was going to choose the second option. Oh, how I love to have coaches! No need to try to figure things out in my own little head. I just ask and do as I am told. There was ju...

I am so lucky

I feel the need to write. My thoughts are all jumbled. Can I make sense of them on paper? Writin g gives me perspective and makes it easier to let go. Last weekend I was very frustrated, mad, self-centered, unhappy , wallowing in self-pity. This weekend I was more balanced, a little more patient, trying to be less selfish, happy . How did it happen? I have had to deal with myself for almost 30 years now and, luckily, have figured out a few things on the way. Like how to feel at peace with myself , my family , my life . It shouldn't be complicated to be happy in my circumstances. I realize that. But sometimes it still is. Sometimes being a mom and wife doesn't come easy to me. Sometimes I think everyone would be better off if I wasn't a mom and wife. Sometimes I wish it was easier to just take off and do nothing but swimbikeruneatsleep for a week or two. It's not helping that my German teammates are doing just that. Right now. On a beautiful island. In the warm...

Oceanside 70.3 Race Report

(Grab a chair and get comfy, cause this might be kinda long.)  Left Thursday morning with my questionable travel companion , Nate, who turned out to be awesome. Who wouldn't want to go on a road trip with a nice guy who is a Coach, about to turn Pro, happens to have worked as a bike mechanic, and likes things low-key before a race? Score !  I was super excited to see my friend, Carlee , as soon as we got to the hotel. She provided plenty of entertainment! Both nights I went to sleep with a smile on my face and had to force myself not to look at her or I would bust up laughing (again) for no apparent reason. She is that cool and funny !  I was super duper excited to see the ocean ! I had not been in a few years and it was my first visit to Oceanside. I had been envisioning myself in a beautiful beach town bathing in warmth and sunshine all winter long. This was going to be the reward for many treadmill runs, trainer rides, and bricks in freezing temperat...