Skip to main content

Wheat Waffles and Protein Cookies



One of the main reasons I work out is so I can eat. Lots. I love me some good, healthy food!

Sunday morning we usually either have whole wheat crepes (made my Karl) or whole wheat waffles (made by me). I wanted to share the waffle recipe with you!

Whole Wheat Waffles

1 3/4 c whole wheat flour
1 T baking powder
1/2 t salt
1/4 c honey
2 T canola oil
2 eggs
2 c milk (cow or soy)
(flaxseed)

Noah and Max like their waffles with honey and cinnamon, frozen berries on the side. Karl and I usually top ours with yogurt and banana and/or berries. The boys love to snack on waffles during church as well.


During our St. George Training Camp Leslie found this great recipe for oatmeal protein cookies. It was perfect for what we wanted. Easy, fast, healthy and still satisfied our cravings. It is definitely not your regular cookie: no flour, no sugar, no oil. I think it is a great pre-exercise and recovery snack.

Oatmeal Protein Cookies

1/4 c apple sauce
1 c quick oats
1/2 c egg white
1 scoop protein powder

I like to add some or all of the following:

walnut pieces
raisins
unsweetened coconut flakes

Bake at 300 degrees for 10-12 minutes.

Happy Baking if you feel inclined to do so.




Comments

kar jar said…
the protein cookies take the cake (?) for sounding weird but tasting good.
Gaby Jensen said…
Tony just showed me your blog and I love it! I came across your protein cookie recipe and decided to give it a whirl since I was in charge of making breakfast cookies for Easter Sunday at church. But my only protein powder was blueberry, so I figured I'd dub them "blueberry coconut" cookies. Turns out that name was overkill. I mixed everything together and they came out BRIGHT BLUE!! They were absolutely delicious, but it took some serious convincing for people to give them a try. Yummy recipe!

Popular posts from this blog

New PR at a High Cost

St. George Halfmarathon Report I have a feeling that this is going to be long . Even though I am going to tell you about the rest of the weekend in my next post. So. Sit back and enjoy, if you are interested. A few days before the race, I told Karl that I have two options : 1. Run the way I usually race. Conservative . Start out at a decent pace, log negative splits, finish feeling strong and in control. 2. Start out faster than usual, hang onto that pace for as long as possible, die a slow and painful death. Karl just laughed . He knew how unlikely it was that I would choose the second option. But, to be honest, the idea kinda grew on me. It was a running event, after all. No pressure. Simply a way of testing where my fitness is at. On my way to St. George, I called Coach M . She told me I was going to choose the second option. Oh, how I love to have coaches! No need to try to figure things out in my own little head. I just ask and do as I am told. There was ju

Swimming in Germany - Lakes Galore

Baggersee Weingarten Let's see.... I've been in Germany now for 4 weeks and have had the privilege to swim in 5 different lakes. Let me count how many times I have swum in a lake in Arizona since moving there 2 years ago... That would be 1 time in Lake Mary during the MountainMan. And I am not planning on swimming in it again until this year's MountainMan. As you might have already guessed:  I am in heaven !  Baggersee Weingarten So are the kids. Appropriately dressed in German swim wear.  That's my mom next to me in the picture above. You see where I get it... Growing up we would either go on a hike or bike ride every weekend and take a dip in various lakes along the way. Good memories!  My niece Lynn at Bad Waldsee This lake was especially fun. It was basically at the center of a beautiful old little town. I saw people walk out their front door and go for a little swim. No motorized anything allowed as on most lakes here. Platf

Freedom Run

I decided to celebrate my freedom by running the Freedom Run 10k . Not exactly my favorite kind of race but definitely one to make me feel alive and happy . For this girl endorphins = happiness . I know. I know. It's not everlasting happiness. But I will take it. The more happiness, the better . Right? My motto for this race: "A lot of people race to see who is fastest . ` I race to see who has the most guts ." -Steve Prefontaine It's time for me to show some guts in racing and training. Time to get out of the grey zone and push myself hard. Time to really hurt and put it all on the line. I wanted to run sub 40 minutes. That is a 6:25 pace. That is fast for me. The plan was to start out fast and try to hold it. If I was going to die at the end, so be it. Fortunately, I had some great company for the Sufferfest . It went something like this: I convinced Jen . Jen convinced Carlee . Carlee convinced Heather . Here we are ready to race We also have matchi