Skip to main content

Star Struck



Guess who showed up at the track on Tuesday night? 
Lots of famous super stars. As usual. 
But do you recognize the guy on the right? 
Yep. That is Ryan Hall! 
He and his wife decided to make Flagstaff their new home! 
Meaning, this is where he is going to get ready 
for the Olympics this summer. Wow!
They also invited us all to their Going for Gold Event 
on Sunday night. 
You bet we are going to be there. 

Have I mentioned that I love this place? 
Of course it's not perfect but I feel pretty darn lucky 
to live here! 
Being surrounded by so many incredible athletes is amazing!


I have been struggling with my running lately, 
to say the least. 
But Tuesday night at the track is always a treat!
And I haven't given hope that sooner or later I will feel like a decent runner again!

In fact, it would be nice if my running legs showed up
 this Saturday! 
I am headed to my beloved St. George again to race in the
  St. George Triathlon. 
My bags are packed and I'm more than ready for 
a weekend of fun!
I get to show this beautiful place to my Flagstaff friend, Karen, stay with the Rue family, hang out with Coach HT, and see my Utah friends. 
This weekend is not about the race. 
I will give it my best shot but, really, it's all about doing what I love and spending time with some of my favorite people! 

Happy Training and/or Racing! 





Comments

Elena said…
Wish I could come watch! I could use a St. Geo. getaway and would love to see you guys. But Carrie is racing at the State track meet this weekend and I can't miss that.
Good luck!
Karen said…
What an awesome weekend! You really know how to show a girl a good time. I'm going to miss you over the next 1.5 months, my friend!!!

Popular posts from this blog

New PR at a High Cost

St. George Halfmarathon Report I have a feeling that this is going to be long . Even though I am going to tell you about the rest of the weekend in my next post. So. Sit back and enjoy, if you are interested. A few days before the race, I told Karl that I have two options : 1. Run the way I usually race. Conservative . Start out at a decent pace, log negative splits, finish feeling strong and in control. 2. Start out faster than usual, hang onto that pace for as long as possible, die a slow and painful death. Karl just laughed . He knew how unlikely it was that I would choose the second option. But, to be honest, the idea kinda grew on me. It was a running event, after all. No pressure. Simply a way of testing where my fitness is at. On my way to St. George, I called Coach M . She told me I was going to choose the second option. Oh, how I love to have coaches! No need to try to figure things out in my own little head. I just ask and do as I am told. There was ju...

I am so lucky

I feel the need to write. My thoughts are all jumbled. Can I make sense of them on paper? Writin g gives me perspective and makes it easier to let go. Last weekend I was very frustrated, mad, self-centered, unhappy , wallowing in self-pity. This weekend I was more balanced, a little more patient, trying to be less selfish, happy . How did it happen? I have had to deal with myself for almost 30 years now and, luckily, have figured out a few things on the way. Like how to feel at peace with myself , my family , my life . It shouldn't be complicated to be happy in my circumstances. I realize that. But sometimes it still is. Sometimes being a mom and wife doesn't come easy to me. Sometimes I think everyone would be better off if I wasn't a mom and wife. Sometimes I wish it was easier to just take off and do nothing but swimbikeruneatsleep for a week or two. It's not helping that my German teammates are doing just that. Right now. On a beautiful island. In the warm...

Oceanside 70.3 Race Report

(Grab a chair and get comfy, cause this might be kinda long.)  Left Thursday morning with my questionable travel companion , Nate, who turned out to be awesome. Who wouldn't want to go on a road trip with a nice guy who is a Coach, about to turn Pro, happens to have worked as a bike mechanic, and likes things low-key before a race? Score !  I was super excited to see my friend, Carlee , as soon as we got to the hotel. She provided plenty of entertainment! Both nights I went to sleep with a smile on my face and had to force myself not to look at her or I would bust up laughing (again) for no apparent reason. She is that cool and funny !  I was super duper excited to see the ocean ! I had not been in a few years and it was my first visit to Oceanside. I had been envisioning myself in a beautiful beach town bathing in warmth and sunshine all winter long. This was going to be the reward for many treadmill runs, trainer rides, and bricks in freezing temperat...