Skip to main content

Deuces Wild Triathlon Festival - Join the Party!



This is an invitation to all of my friends to join us on the first weekend in June in Show Low, Arizona, for the Deuces Wild Triathlon Festival!

There is a race for everyone:
  • Deuceman Long Course
  • Olympic Distance - I am registered for this one!
  • XTERRA Deuces Wild - Karl is up for another triathlon. Yay!
  • Youth Deuceathon - Max and Noah are already stoked about the kids race. 
Plus, there is the option for relays! Each race can be competed in as a 2- or 3-person relay. See? There really is no excuse why you can't come play with us in this beautiful part of Arizona! The Half and the Olympic are on Saturday morning, the Kids Duathlon is on Saturday afternoon, and Karl gets to race in the XTERA on Sunday morning. Perfect timing! 

Yes. I realize that the race is put on by my sponsor but that's not the only reason I want you to come! Karl and I already reserved a beautiful camping spot right by the lake and we would love nothing more than to have a whole bunch of friends join us for a super fun weekend!

Noah's first triathlon

I even have a 10% off coupon code for you: TeamRefer. Price doesn't increase until April 30th but I still think you should register soon! And if you have any questions or need to borrow any equipment, let me know. I would love to help! 

Max is thrilled for his first race. We are slackers because the kid is turning 5 this summer and has yet to do his first race? What is going on? Well. I guess he has done one. But that one didn't go so well... Noah completed is first triathlon when he was 3 years old (read about it here) and then had the chance to do another one at the age of 4 (his story is here) and one in Moab in 2011 (here). So he is basically a veteran. Except that he can't really swim yet and refuses to take swimming lessons. Ha! So it's rather convenient that the one in June is a run-bike-run. Because Max felt left out he came up with his own little triathlon last summer which was quite entertaining and he tells you all about it here. 


You want to know how I feel about kids getting into triathlon at a young age? Well, since you asked... I have no intentions of pushing my kids into any kind of sport. The only requirement in the Jarvis household is that they need to be physically active and spend as much time outside as possible.  Noah has found his passion for soccer already and Karl and I couldn't be more excited! We are all about encouraging our boys and open up as many possibilities for them as we can but ultimately it's their decision what sport they want to get involved in. And I really hope it's not going to be triathlon until they are out of the house and self-sufficient. Because, let's face it, it's a ridiculously expensive sport and I am not willing to share our family's (very small) gear and racing budget... :-)







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New PR at a High Cost

St. George Halfmarathon Report I have a feeling that this is going to be long . Even though I am going to tell you about the rest of the weekend in my next post. So. Sit back and enjoy, if you are interested. A few days before the race, I told Karl that I have two options : 1. Run the way I usually race. Conservative . Start out at a decent pace, log negative splits, finish feeling strong and in control. 2. Start out faster than usual, hang onto that pace for as long as possible, die a slow and painful death. Karl just laughed . He knew how unlikely it was that I would choose the second option. But, to be honest, the idea kinda grew on me. It was a running event, after all. No pressure. Simply a way of testing where my fitness is at. On my way to St. George, I called Coach M . She told me I was going to choose the second option. Oh, how I love to have coaches! No need to try to figure things out in my own little head. I just ask and do as I am told. There was ju...

I am so lucky

I feel the need to write. My thoughts are all jumbled. Can I make sense of them on paper? Writin g gives me perspective and makes it easier to let go. Last weekend I was very frustrated, mad, self-centered, unhappy , wallowing in self-pity. This weekend I was more balanced, a little more patient, trying to be less selfish, happy . How did it happen? I have had to deal with myself for almost 30 years now and, luckily, have figured out a few things on the way. Like how to feel at peace with myself , my family , my life . It shouldn't be complicated to be happy in my circumstances. I realize that. But sometimes it still is. Sometimes being a mom and wife doesn't come easy to me. Sometimes I think everyone would be better off if I wasn't a mom and wife. Sometimes I wish it was easier to just take off and do nothing but swimbikeruneatsleep for a week or two. It's not helping that my German teammates are doing just that. Right now. On a beautiful island. In the warm...

Oceanside 70.3 Race Report

(Grab a chair and get comfy, cause this might be kinda long.)  Left Thursday morning with my questionable travel companion , Nate, who turned out to be awesome. Who wouldn't want to go on a road trip with a nice guy who is a Coach, about to turn Pro, happens to have worked as a bike mechanic, and likes things low-key before a race? Score !  I was super excited to see my friend, Carlee , as soon as we got to the hotel. She provided plenty of entertainment! Both nights I went to sleep with a smile on my face and had to force myself not to look at her or I would bust up laughing (again) for no apparent reason. She is that cool and funny !  I was super duper excited to see the ocean ! I had not been in a few years and it was my first visit to Oceanside. I had been envisioning myself in a beautiful beach town bathing in warmth and sunshine all winter long. This was going to be the reward for many treadmill runs, trainer rides, and bricks in freezing temperat...