Skip to main content

RTTC - Sonja Wieck - New Coach!




I've known Sonja Wieck for a while. Scratch that. She has known me for a while. I have known (about) her for years. Can't remember how I found her blog but I did and couldn't stop reading. Not (only) because she has been at the very top of our age group for years and I wanted to find out her secrets to being fast and successful but because she has such good insights into all aspects of life and can express my exact feelings better than I can myself at times! We have had some good battles out there on race day and, whenever she is spectating a race that I am competing in, I breathe a sigh of relief: Someone out there is going to know JUST what I will need to hear! So, yes, I love that girl! 



I caught glimpses of her building this coaching business and I knew that it was going to be good. Really good. Sonja doesn't do things half-heartedly. When she is in. She is ALL IN. I was happy with my coach - Liz Waterstraat/Multipart Mastery - in 2016 and was planning on continuing with Liz but at the end of the year Sonja kept popping into my head. I was really curious what it would be like to have her as a coach. After the 10-day challenge, which I loved, I decided to just go for it and write her an email asking more about RTTC and her coaching ideas. And she said: 

LET'S DO IT! 
I want to coach you. 
I want you to be a part of Rising Tide Triathlon Coaching. 

And I did a happy dance!!! To say I was excited is an understatement. I am thrilled for 2017 and this partnership! I can't wait to see what Sonja and I can pull off together. 

So far I have been loving it. I mean, look at that awesome gear. Those colors! And the little seahorse! I am in love. Stay tuned...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New PR at a High Cost

St. George Halfmarathon Report I have a feeling that this is going to be long . Even though I am going to tell you about the rest of the weekend in my next post. So. Sit back and enjoy, if you are interested. A few days before the race, I told Karl that I have two options : 1. Run the way I usually race. Conservative . Start out at a decent pace, log negative splits, finish feeling strong and in control. 2. Start out faster than usual, hang onto that pace for as long as possible, die a slow and painful death. Karl just laughed . He knew how unlikely it was that I would choose the second option. But, to be honest, the idea kinda grew on me. It was a running event, after all. No pressure. Simply a way of testing where my fitness is at. On my way to St. George, I called Coach M . She told me I was going to choose the second option. Oh, how I love to have coaches! No need to try to figure things out in my own little head. I just ask and do as I am told. There was ju...

I am so lucky

I feel the need to write. My thoughts are all jumbled. Can I make sense of them on paper? Writin g gives me perspective and makes it easier to let go. Last weekend I was very frustrated, mad, self-centered, unhappy , wallowing in self-pity. This weekend I was more balanced, a little more patient, trying to be less selfish, happy . How did it happen? I have had to deal with myself for almost 30 years now and, luckily, have figured out a few things on the way. Like how to feel at peace with myself , my family , my life . It shouldn't be complicated to be happy in my circumstances. I realize that. But sometimes it still is. Sometimes being a mom and wife doesn't come easy to me. Sometimes I think everyone would be better off if I wasn't a mom and wife. Sometimes I wish it was easier to just take off and do nothing but swimbikeruneatsleep for a week or two. It's not helping that my German teammates are doing just that. Right now. On a beautiful island. In the warm...

Oceanside 70.3 Race Report

(Grab a chair and get comfy, cause this might be kinda long.)  Left Thursday morning with my questionable travel companion , Nate, who turned out to be awesome. Who wouldn't want to go on a road trip with a nice guy who is a Coach, about to turn Pro, happens to have worked as a bike mechanic, and likes things low-key before a race? Score !  I was super excited to see my friend, Carlee , as soon as we got to the hotel. She provided plenty of entertainment! Both nights I went to sleep with a smile on my face and had to force myself not to look at her or I would bust up laughing (again) for no apparent reason. She is that cool and funny !  I was super duper excited to see the ocean ! I had not been in a few years and it was my first visit to Oceanside. I had been envisioning myself in a beautiful beach town bathing in warmth and sunshine all winter long. This was going to be the reward for many treadmill runs, trainer rides, and bricks in freezing temperat...