Skip to main content

5 in 5


Just a few weeks ago I was wondering how much I would be able to race this season. I had not signed up for any races yet. My racing calendar was empty.

Well, things have changed. Quite drastically. I am now signed up for 5 races in the next 5 weeks. I am not sure how I got into this much trouble this fast. But I am determined to make the best of it and enjoy each race to the fullest.

Here is what I am going to be up to the next few weekends:


5/15
St. George Triathlon
sprint distance


5/22
Kida Relay
24 hour bike/run relay


5/29
Daybreak Triathlon
olympic distance


6/5
Salem Spring Triathlon
sprint distance


6/12
Cache Valley Triathlon
olympic distance

I am really excited for all of them! I have no experience racing this much and I am not sure how to recover/train in between. But I do know that it is going to be fun! I will definitely fill you in on the details...

I am really fortunate to have such great support. Huge thanks for making this possible go to

my family
PowerTri
racetri
TriUtah
BBSC

Now let the good times roll... Happy racing and training to everyone!

PS: For more information on each race, just click on its name.


Comments

Leslie said…
Whohoo! I didn't realize you were doing Cache. Still haven't done that one myself. You'll do great I'm sure. Would a win at each be awesome?? It would be......except at Salem maybe ;)

Popular posts from this blog

New PR at a High Cost

St. George Halfmarathon Report I have a feeling that this is going to be long . Even though I am going to tell you about the rest of the weekend in my next post. So. Sit back and enjoy, if you are interested. A few days before the race, I told Karl that I have two options : 1. Run the way I usually race. Conservative . Start out at a decent pace, log negative splits, finish feeling strong and in control. 2. Start out faster than usual, hang onto that pace for as long as possible, die a slow and painful death. Karl just laughed . He knew how unlikely it was that I would choose the second option. But, to be honest, the idea kinda grew on me. It was a running event, after all. No pressure. Simply a way of testing where my fitness is at. On my way to St. George, I called Coach M . She told me I was going to choose the second option. Oh, how I love to have coaches! No need to try to figure things out in my own little head. I just ask and do as I am told. There was ju...

I am so lucky

I feel the need to write. My thoughts are all jumbled. Can I make sense of them on paper? Writin g gives me perspective and makes it easier to let go. Last weekend I was very frustrated, mad, self-centered, unhappy , wallowing in self-pity. This weekend I was more balanced, a little more patient, trying to be less selfish, happy . How did it happen? I have had to deal with myself for almost 30 years now and, luckily, have figured out a few things on the way. Like how to feel at peace with myself , my family , my life . It shouldn't be complicated to be happy in my circumstances. I realize that. But sometimes it still is. Sometimes being a mom and wife doesn't come easy to me. Sometimes I think everyone would be better off if I wasn't a mom and wife. Sometimes I wish it was easier to just take off and do nothing but swimbikeruneatsleep for a week or two. It's not helping that my German teammates are doing just that. Right now. On a beautiful island. In the warm...

Oceanside 70.3 Race Report

(Grab a chair and get comfy, cause this might be kinda long.)  Left Thursday morning with my questionable travel companion , Nate, who turned out to be awesome. Who wouldn't want to go on a road trip with a nice guy who is a Coach, about to turn Pro, happens to have worked as a bike mechanic, and likes things low-key before a race? Score !  I was super excited to see my friend, Carlee , as soon as we got to the hotel. She provided plenty of entertainment! Both nights I went to sleep with a smile on my face and had to force myself not to look at her or I would bust up laughing (again) for no apparent reason. She is that cool and funny !  I was super duper excited to see the ocean ! I had not been in a few years and it was my first visit to Oceanside. I had been envisioning myself in a beautiful beach town bathing in warmth and sunshine all winter long. This was going to be the reward for many treadmill runs, trainer rides, and bricks in freezing temperat...