Skip to main content

New Friends

As I have mentioned before, making new friends is one of my favorite parts of racing and training. I have met some amazing ladies over the past few weeks and wanted to introduce them to you:

Heather, Sarah, Carlee at Salem Pond

Heather Bracken (left) is my swim buddy at Masters. Unfortunately, the only time we can talk in the pool is while kicking. And that is definitely not enough. So we went snowshoeing together and signed up for the same race - the Salem Spring Triathlon. Here we are before checking out Salem Pond.

Carlee Tulett (right) is one awesome neighbor. I love to hang out with her and we have had quite some fun together at various races, training, the park, bike shopping, and playing with our kids. She is going to do the Salem Triathlon as well which means it is going to be one big party!

Melissa and I in our twin outfits

I met Melissa Payne at the SG Tri and knew right away that I wanted to be friends with her. She is super fun, friendly, and fast. She also happens to live in Provo and I can't think of a better training partner. Now we just need to actually get together and make it happen... She is pretty new to the sport of triathlon but you'd better watch out for her!

Sarah, Erin, Ammie

I am so happy Erin Swenson (middle) is back! She is one of my favorites. I love to hang out with this girl and trash talk before a race. Ok, so we don't really trash talk. Erin just cracks me up until the gun goes off... After mostly racing off-road for a few years, Erin is joining the road triathlon scene again and I could not be happier.

I met Ammie Black (right) this weekend and think she is a great girl. She was hanging out in the water with us for a good half hour before the race and so I got to know her pretty well. Her youngest is only 8 months and she was competing in her first olympic distance triathlon. Way to go, Ammie.

I am really excited to see the triathlon scene growing so much. Although we are all trying to race as fast as we can, we are courteous, nice, helpful, and fun. Thank you so much, ladies!

PS: No, I don't like how I look in a wetsuit with swim cap and goggles. Just in case you were wondering. These are the only pictures I have.


Comments

Leslie said…
I think we have a few wetsuit, cap and goggle pics too, the one with the neoprene swim caps being the best :) I think you really do like the cat woman look :)
Nate + Carlee said…
Yay! I'm glad I get to be on the new friends post! Although, I have to say that It's pretty fitting that my (your) wetsuit says "orca" on it because I sure look like one. How did you and Heather manage to look so skinny?! Also, I LOVE that you're doing this blog. Now I can pick your tri brain without bugging you!

Can I steal that super sexy picture?
Ammie Tri's said…
You are too Cute!! Thanks for the Cute pics! I feel so honored to be on your Tri Blog! Loves!
Erin Swenson said…
Sarah YOU crack me up! You're definitely one of my favs! Now I just need to learn how to swim so you don't keep beating me by zillions of minutes!

Popular posts from this blog

New PR at a High Cost

St. George Halfmarathon Report I have a feeling that this is going to be long . Even though I am going to tell you about the rest of the weekend in my next post. So. Sit back and enjoy, if you are interested. A few days before the race, I told Karl that I have two options : 1. Run the way I usually race. Conservative . Start out at a decent pace, log negative splits, finish feeling strong and in control. 2. Start out faster than usual, hang onto that pace for as long as possible, die a slow and painful death. Karl just laughed . He knew how unlikely it was that I would choose the second option. But, to be honest, the idea kinda grew on me. It was a running event, after all. No pressure. Simply a way of testing where my fitness is at. On my way to St. George, I called Coach M . She told me I was going to choose the second option. Oh, how I love to have coaches! No need to try to figure things out in my own little head. I just ask and do as I am told. There was ju

I am so lucky

I feel the need to write. My thoughts are all jumbled. Can I make sense of them on paper? Writin g gives me perspective and makes it easier to let go. Last weekend I was very frustrated, mad, self-centered, unhappy , wallowing in self-pity. This weekend I was more balanced, a little more patient, trying to be less selfish, happy . How did it happen? I have had to deal with myself for almost 30 years now and, luckily, have figured out a few things on the way. Like how to feel at peace with myself , my family , my life . It shouldn't be complicated to be happy in my circumstances. I realize that. But sometimes it still is. Sometimes being a mom and wife doesn't come easy to me. Sometimes I think everyone would be better off if I wasn't a mom and wife. Sometimes I wish it was easier to just take off and do nothing but swimbikeruneatsleep for a week or two. It's not helping that my German teammates are doing just that. Right now. On a beautiful island. In the warm

Racing Season '09 Second Part

Disclaimer: This post has been driving me crazy. It is too late, too long, too braggy, and boring. But it is what it is and I had to do it in order to move on. So bear with me... Before reporting about my first race of this season, I need to wrap up last season. I started this post in December and it has been waiting to be published ever since. Well, all I really did then was upload the pictures. I figure that whatever memories of each race have stuck with me this long, might be the only ones worth mentioning anyway. Really what I should have done is analyze each race in detail, look at the training, nutrition, times, etc. But how much fun would that be? I will save that for when I am a Pro. Haha. If you want to know what happened before June, go here . Provo Triathlon in June Lowlights : Swimming in Utah Lake Not being able to find the Finish Line Highlights : Beating all the guys to their bikes Biking the first loop ahead of all the men Beating all the women to the finish line Ec