Skip to main content

Videos instead of Race Report



I am back. In Flagstaff. Fun is over. I guess I'd better get used to it. Really, it is not so bad. I just really love hanging out with family, friends, and the Utah triathlon crowd. Good times. I was hoping to be able to start feeling more at home here by competing in the (only) local sprint triathlon. Then I just found out that the entry fee is $100. What in the world??? Assuming that I finish the race somewhere close to 70 minutes, I am paying about $1.50 per minute of racing. Pathetic! So much for that idea...

I know. You are (or are not) impatiently waiting for my very detailed Boise 70.3 report. And a Park City report? Man. I was racing too much the last few weeks. Well, I will have to disappoint you. I have been busy packing, traveling, camping, more traveling, unpacking. Pretty much the minute we got here, Karl left with the youth of our church to go on a Pioneer Trek. The lucky guy gets to hike and camp for 4 days while I am trying to entertain the kids. Funny enough, everybody thinks that I am the lucky one. One of the leaders said to me: "Oh, you just got back from Utah and now you are sending Karl on the trek while you relax with the kids?" Haha. Very funny. He has no idea...

What I am trying to say is that I just have not found the time to sit down and write something sensible. Hopefully by the end of the week. But I have a few other ideas. How about a little You Tube video of the Salem Spring Triathlon at the beginning of June? If you pay attention you can see me cross the finish line. The male overall winner happens to be my awesome coach, Heath Thurston.

For the Salem video, go here.

If you wanna see even more of me, then check out this awesome video of the Park City Triathlon. I got interviewed! Wow. It really took me by surprise, so don't pay too close attention to what I am saying.

For the Park City video, go here.

If you are still looking for more fun stuff, I highly recommend visiting Spencer Woolston's blog. He is an amazing triathlete, friend and teammate, and by chance also a song writer. (Or something like that.) He wrote a little rap about Triathageeks and it is hilarious. You should read it here. Does the fact that I in a couple of places I have no idea what he is talking about exclude me from being a Triathageek? I hope so...

Last but not least, PowerTri is having a great special on TYR wetsuits! Go here to check it out.


By now I could've almost written my race report. Oh well.

Comments

Time to Go Pro!!!! You are awesome! Seriously quit beating up on all the age groupers and step up to the big leagues. I know that you have that MOM thing and all but that can wait!

Popular posts from this blog

New PR at a High Cost

St. George Halfmarathon Report I have a feeling that this is going to be long . Even though I am going to tell you about the rest of the weekend in my next post. So. Sit back and enjoy, if you are interested. A few days before the race, I told Karl that I have two options : 1. Run the way I usually race. Conservative . Start out at a decent pace, log negative splits, finish feeling strong and in control. 2. Start out faster than usual, hang onto that pace for as long as possible, die a slow and painful death. Karl just laughed . He knew how unlikely it was that I would choose the second option. But, to be honest, the idea kinda grew on me. It was a running event, after all. No pressure. Simply a way of testing where my fitness is at. On my way to St. George, I called Coach M . She told me I was going to choose the second option. Oh, how I love to have coaches! No need to try to figure things out in my own little head. I just ask and do as I am told. There was ju...

I am so lucky

I feel the need to write. My thoughts are all jumbled. Can I make sense of them on paper? Writin g gives me perspective and makes it easier to let go. Last weekend I was very frustrated, mad, self-centered, unhappy , wallowing in self-pity. This weekend I was more balanced, a little more patient, trying to be less selfish, happy . How did it happen? I have had to deal with myself for almost 30 years now and, luckily, have figured out a few things on the way. Like how to feel at peace with myself , my family , my life . It shouldn't be complicated to be happy in my circumstances. I realize that. But sometimes it still is. Sometimes being a mom and wife doesn't come easy to me. Sometimes I think everyone would be better off if I wasn't a mom and wife. Sometimes I wish it was easier to just take off and do nothing but swimbikeruneatsleep for a week or two. It's not helping that my German teammates are doing just that. Right now. On a beautiful island. In the warm...

Oceanside 70.3 Race Report

(Grab a chair and get comfy, cause this might be kinda long.)  Left Thursday morning with my questionable travel companion , Nate, who turned out to be awesome. Who wouldn't want to go on a road trip with a nice guy who is a Coach, about to turn Pro, happens to have worked as a bike mechanic, and likes things low-key before a race? Score !  I was super excited to see my friend, Carlee , as soon as we got to the hotel. She provided plenty of entertainment! Both nights I went to sleep with a smile on my face and had to force myself not to look at her or I would bust up laughing (again) for no apparent reason. She is that cool and funny !  I was super duper excited to see the ocean ! I had not been in a few years and it was my first visit to Oceanside. I had been envisioning myself in a beautiful beach town bathing in warmth and sunshine all winter long. This was going to be the reward for many treadmill runs, trainer rides, and bricks in freezing temperat...