Skip to main content

Karl, remind me...


... that I don't run in less than 30 degrees!

Unless the sun is in full force.
Or something.


An early Saturday morning trail run in Provo Canyon
with great company including KJ*?
Sounded like a fantastic idea until it was time
to get out of bed.
I don't mind waking up early but I made the mistake
to check the current air temperature.

24.

I did not think it was too bad until KJ reminded me
that there is always wind in the canyon.
And the sun won't be up for at least half the run.
Suddenly, my bed was feeling extremely comfortable and warm...


I have decided for myself that I just don't like the cold.
Extreme cold = No fun
Not sure why have turned into a wuss over the last few years
but ... I have.

Glad to say that we did, indeed, drag ourselves out of bed
and enjoyed all Saturday morning had to offer:


Snow-covered peaks
New friends
Good conversations
Bright blue skies
Fun trails

Except for maybe one little episode of me whining
because I still had not warmed up and thought
I was going to be freezing for the rest of my life.
This is when I asked Karl to remind me of the above.


Thank you, friends!
I miss you!
Karl and I are hoping for an epic snow adventure
between Christmas and New Year's.
Who is in?



* From now on (whenever I remember) I am going to refer to my husband, Karl Jamison, as KJ. I've always wanted to and this is my blog - so I will.

** Pictures by Chris Shurian and Shawna Rasmussen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New PR at a High Cost

St. George Halfmarathon Report I have a feeling that this is going to be long . Even though I am going to tell you about the rest of the weekend in my next post. So. Sit back and enjoy, if you are interested. A few days before the race, I told Karl that I have two options : 1. Run the way I usually race. Conservative . Start out at a decent pace, log negative splits, finish feeling strong and in control. 2. Start out faster than usual, hang onto that pace for as long as possible, die a slow and painful death. Karl just laughed . He knew how unlikely it was that I would choose the second option. But, to be honest, the idea kinda grew on me. It was a running event, after all. No pressure. Simply a way of testing where my fitness is at. On my way to St. George, I called Coach M . She told me I was going to choose the second option. Oh, how I love to have coaches! No need to try to figure things out in my own little head. I just ask and do as I am told. There was ju...

I am so lucky

I feel the need to write. My thoughts are all jumbled. Can I make sense of them on paper? Writin g gives me perspective and makes it easier to let go. Last weekend I was very frustrated, mad, self-centered, unhappy , wallowing in self-pity. This weekend I was more balanced, a little more patient, trying to be less selfish, happy . How did it happen? I have had to deal with myself for almost 30 years now and, luckily, have figured out a few things on the way. Like how to feel at peace with myself , my family , my life . It shouldn't be complicated to be happy in my circumstances. I realize that. But sometimes it still is. Sometimes being a mom and wife doesn't come easy to me. Sometimes I think everyone would be better off if I wasn't a mom and wife. Sometimes I wish it was easier to just take off and do nothing but swimbikeruneatsleep for a week or two. It's not helping that my German teammates are doing just that. Right now. On a beautiful island. In the warm...

Oceanside 70.3 Race Report

(Grab a chair and get comfy, cause this might be kinda long.)  Left Thursday morning with my questionable travel companion , Nate, who turned out to be awesome. Who wouldn't want to go on a road trip with a nice guy who is a Coach, about to turn Pro, happens to have worked as a bike mechanic, and likes things low-key before a race? Score !  I was super excited to see my friend, Carlee , as soon as we got to the hotel. She provided plenty of entertainment! Both nights I went to sleep with a smile on my face and had to force myself not to look at her or I would bust up laughing (again) for no apparent reason. She is that cool and funny !  I was super duper excited to see the ocean ! I had not been in a few years and it was my first visit to Oceanside. I had been envisioning myself in a beautiful beach town bathing in warmth and sunshine all winter long. This was going to be the reward for many treadmill runs, trainer rides, and bricks in freezing temperat...