Skip to main content

2 more days...



... until the ULTOT!

I am really looking forward to an epic Saturday where we are going to cover a total of 7,250 vertical feet. 2,800 of those on the bike and the other 4,450 we get to tackle by foot.


The acronym stands for

Utah Lake to the Top Of Timp




Timp is short for Mount Timpanogos* which is Utah Valley's highest peak at 11,750 feet. I am not a big fan of numbers but this time I wanted to know what's in store for us...


On Saturday, we get to dive in Utah lake at 6 am and swim a mile. Then we jump on our bikes, ride to the canyon, and climb the Alpine loop up to Timpooneke trailhead. We put on our running shoes and up, up, up we run/walk/creep to the top! That is the plan, at least.


It gets even better. This is not a race. Just a fun adventure put on by the Timp Tri Club. And, my favorite training buddy, Jen, is going to come with us! This might be our last epic training day together for a while. I am really excited to spend some quality time with her in the mountains.



In case you are thinking: "Poor Karl! Gets to watch the kids all day while his wife goes off and plays." No need to worry. He is going to have his own epic adventure up at Snowbird where he will be competing in Karl Meltzer's Speedgoat 50k.



I don't know all the details but it is basically an absolutely insane mountain run with crazy elevation change. Oh, and our kids will be safe and sound with Grandma and Grandpa.


Have a great weekend!



*Noah and Max love this mountain. Noah keeps asking if it's the highest mountain in the world. Max sees any mountain and gets really excited: "Nogas! Nogas!"




Comments

Barbie said…
Sounds terribly hard but heaps of fun. Take lots of pics and take care.
JessWilson said…
Hope you and Jen have a great time!! Can't wait to see the pictures. :)

Popular posts from this blog

New PR at a High Cost

St. George Halfmarathon Report I have a feeling that this is going to be long . Even though I am going to tell you about the rest of the weekend in my next post. So. Sit back and enjoy, if you are interested. A few days before the race, I told Karl that I have two options : 1. Run the way I usually race. Conservative . Start out at a decent pace, log negative splits, finish feeling strong and in control. 2. Start out faster than usual, hang onto that pace for as long as possible, die a slow and painful death. Karl just laughed . He knew how unlikely it was that I would choose the second option. But, to be honest, the idea kinda grew on me. It was a running event, after all. No pressure. Simply a way of testing where my fitness is at. On my way to St. George, I called Coach M . She told me I was going to choose the second option. Oh, how I love to have coaches! No need to try to figure things out in my own little head. I just ask and do as I am told. There was ju

Swimming in Germany - Lakes Galore

Baggersee Weingarten Let's see.... I've been in Germany now for 4 weeks and have had the privilege to swim in 5 different lakes. Let me count how many times I have swum in a lake in Arizona since moving there 2 years ago... That would be 1 time in Lake Mary during the MountainMan. And I am not planning on swimming in it again until this year's MountainMan. As you might have already guessed:  I am in heaven !  Baggersee Weingarten So are the kids. Appropriately dressed in German swim wear.  That's my mom next to me in the picture above. You see where I get it... Growing up we would either go on a hike or bike ride every weekend and take a dip in various lakes along the way. Good memories!  My niece Lynn at Bad Waldsee This lake was especially fun. It was basically at the center of a beautiful old little town. I saw people walk out their front door and go for a little swim. No motorized anything allowed as on most lakes here. Platf

When the wheels come off...

(some of) NAU Masters I know I have been racing pretty well lately. I also know that I have plenty of workouts where I don't even come close to nailing it. Some days I feel like crap the minute I leave the house and would rather go back home than keep running or biking. Monday was one of those days... I took the week after Boise pretty easy . Lots of fun workouts, very little structure. I absolutely love having a coach and a plan but I am also a big fan of just going out and doing whatever I feel like. The next week was still pretty low-key . Partly because Karl was out of town, partly because I was still enjoying a nice little mid-season break. Then I had a couple of good training days and was ready to get back at it. Or so I thought. Monday actually started out better than anticipated. I was excited to be back with the NAU Masters and we even had 2 famous visitors: Leanda Cave , triathlon world champion. Thorsten Abel , Leanda's husband and successful German pro triat