Skip to main content

New 2012 Sponsor


I am proud and very happy to announce that 
I will be racing for 



this coming season! 

I still can't really believe that I made it onto their Team! 
It's going to be so much fun. 

I am stoked to be representing such a great store. 
I have only frequented them online but I can't wait
to go down to Tucson and see the actual store. 
From what I've heard and seen so far it is going to be fantastic!

One of the things I can't wait for is the 
TriFest!
TriSports.com is inviting all of their athletes 
down to Tucson for a training weekend in March. 
You know that there is nothing I love more
than hanging out with a bunch of fun athletes
while smashing myself. 
(If Coach M lets me. TriFest is the weekend before Oceanside.)

I am excited to race a little more in Arizona 
and get to know as many of its amazing athletes as possible. 
I am certainly a very small fish in a very big pond here!
As much as I love to train and race in Utah 
where I have so many dear friends and great fellow competitors, 
it is time to move on just a little... 

I can't end this post without sending a big 
Thank You to PowerTri 
for their support over the last 2 years. 
They helped me out in every way possible
 and I hope we will still be friends. 


It's about time to kick off the 2012 season 
with a little race this weekend - 
the St. George Halfmarathon!
Did I say it was time to move on...?
How could I possibly pass up the chance to go to 
one of my favorite places, hang out with amazing people, 
and (hopefully) redeem myself from last year? 
Is it Friday yet???







Comments

Beth said…
Congrats! And good luck this weekend! :)

Popular posts from this blog

New PR at a High Cost

St. George Halfmarathon Report I have a feeling that this is going to be long . Even though I am going to tell you about the rest of the weekend in my next post. So. Sit back and enjoy, if you are interested. A few days before the race, I told Karl that I have two options : 1. Run the way I usually race. Conservative . Start out at a decent pace, log negative splits, finish feeling strong and in control. 2. Start out faster than usual, hang onto that pace for as long as possible, die a slow and painful death. Karl just laughed . He knew how unlikely it was that I would choose the second option. But, to be honest, the idea kinda grew on me. It was a running event, after all. No pressure. Simply a way of testing where my fitness is at. On my way to St. George, I called Coach M . She told me I was going to choose the second option. Oh, how I love to have coaches! No need to try to figure things out in my own little head. I just ask and do as I am told. There was ju...

I am so lucky

I feel the need to write. My thoughts are all jumbled. Can I make sense of them on paper? Writin g gives me perspective and makes it easier to let go. Last weekend I was very frustrated, mad, self-centered, unhappy , wallowing in self-pity. This weekend I was more balanced, a little more patient, trying to be less selfish, happy . How did it happen? I have had to deal with myself for almost 30 years now and, luckily, have figured out a few things on the way. Like how to feel at peace with myself , my family , my life . It shouldn't be complicated to be happy in my circumstances. I realize that. But sometimes it still is. Sometimes being a mom and wife doesn't come easy to me. Sometimes I think everyone would be better off if I wasn't a mom and wife. Sometimes I wish it was easier to just take off and do nothing but swimbikeruneatsleep for a week or two. It's not helping that my German teammates are doing just that. Right now. On a beautiful island. In the warm...

Oceanside 70.3 Race Report

(Grab a chair and get comfy, cause this might be kinda long.)  Left Thursday morning with my questionable travel companion , Nate, who turned out to be awesome. Who wouldn't want to go on a road trip with a nice guy who is a Coach, about to turn Pro, happens to have worked as a bike mechanic, and likes things low-key before a race? Score !  I was super excited to see my friend, Carlee , as soon as we got to the hotel. She provided plenty of entertainment! Both nights I went to sleep with a smile on my face and had to force myself not to look at her or I would bust up laughing (again) for no apparent reason. She is that cool and funny !  I was super duper excited to see the ocean ! I had not been in a few years and it was my first visit to Oceanside. I had been envisioning myself in a beautiful beach town bathing in warmth and sunshine all winter long. This was going to be the reward for many treadmill runs, trainer rides, and bricks in freezing temperat...