Skip to main content

Strength Training

This is my way of doing strength training on the bike

You need:

a 30lb bike trailer
a 26lb toddler
a 40lb child*

Then add:

a full diaper bag
your running stuff
a tool box



Then
you bike to Grandma's house
across town in the foothills

Then
you go for a semi-long run
in the foothills

Then
you bounce your kids
on the trampoline

Then
you tow everything
back home

In case that's not enough
you can swim early morning with Masters
and
go grocery shopping at Walmart with your kids

I am going to bed

* Noah could technically bike there himself, but today I chose pulling an extra 40lbs over pushing him up the hill while riding next to him. My back does not like it.


Comments

JessWilson said…
You're one amazing Mama! I rode the bike today with both boys and then later with just Adam. So much easier (and faster!) with just my little guy but now I'm glad you've reminded me that I was just building strength with Dylan in there too. :)
Barbie said…
Exhausting, but excellent work.
Kim said…
Nice!! Hey.. I saw you might be planning to do Pumpkinman. Would that be the Pumpkinman in my neck of the woods.. up in Maine?

Kim
Leslie said…
Nice workout Sarah! I love trailer adventures

Popular posts from this blog

New PR at a High Cost

St. George Halfmarathon Report I have a feeling that this is going to be long . Even though I am going to tell you about the rest of the weekend in my next post. So. Sit back and enjoy, if you are interested. A few days before the race, I told Karl that I have two options : 1. Run the way I usually race. Conservative . Start out at a decent pace, log negative splits, finish feeling strong and in control. 2. Start out faster than usual, hang onto that pace for as long as possible, die a slow and painful death. Karl just laughed . He knew how unlikely it was that I would choose the second option. But, to be honest, the idea kinda grew on me. It was a running event, after all. No pressure. Simply a way of testing where my fitness is at. On my way to St. George, I called Coach M . She told me I was going to choose the second option. Oh, how I love to have coaches! No need to try to figure things out in my own little head. I just ask and do as I am told. There was ju...

I am so lucky

I feel the need to write. My thoughts are all jumbled. Can I make sense of them on paper? Writin g gives me perspective and makes it easier to let go. Last weekend I was very frustrated, mad, self-centered, unhappy , wallowing in self-pity. This weekend I was more balanced, a little more patient, trying to be less selfish, happy . How did it happen? I have had to deal with myself for almost 30 years now and, luckily, have figured out a few things on the way. Like how to feel at peace with myself , my family , my life . It shouldn't be complicated to be happy in my circumstances. I realize that. But sometimes it still is. Sometimes being a mom and wife doesn't come easy to me. Sometimes I think everyone would be better off if I wasn't a mom and wife. Sometimes I wish it was easier to just take off and do nothing but swimbikeruneatsleep for a week or two. It's not helping that my German teammates are doing just that. Right now. On a beautiful island. In the warm...

Oceanside 70.3 Race Report

(Grab a chair and get comfy, cause this might be kinda long.)  Left Thursday morning with my questionable travel companion , Nate, who turned out to be awesome. Who wouldn't want to go on a road trip with a nice guy who is a Coach, about to turn Pro, happens to have worked as a bike mechanic, and likes things low-key before a race? Score !  I was super excited to see my friend, Carlee , as soon as we got to the hotel. She provided plenty of entertainment! Both nights I went to sleep with a smile on my face and had to force myself not to look at her or I would bust up laughing (again) for no apparent reason. She is that cool and funny !  I was super duper excited to see the ocean ! I had not been in a few years and it was my first visit to Oceanside. I had been envisioning myself in a beautiful beach town bathing in warmth and sunshine all winter long. This was going to be the reward for many treadmill runs, trainer rides, and bricks in freezing temperat...